Thursday, September 17, 2009

Decisions, decisions.


(Just wanted to update any of you, just in case you follow my own, personal blog, that I have a different blog address now. You can find it here. Please update your Google Readers, links, feeds, etc.)

A lot of people would agree that your twenties are a time where a lot of us make several "adult-like" decisions-- whether it means choosing a career path, committing to a relationship, finding a place to settle, becoming financially independent, and so on.

How do you cope with trying to make an important, life-changing decision? More importantly, how can you make that decision and avoid the "what-ifs" or any taste of regret. What helps you make a confident decision?

Do you:

  • Follow your heart?
  • Do what seems most logical?
  • Make a pro/con list?
  • Ask family or friends for advice?
  • Cross your fingers and leave it up to fate...what's meant to happen will happen?
I need to make some important decisions, but lately I feel in a rut because I am not sure how to pick the right one, and I want to be sure to avoid making a decision I'll later regret.

Any advice for your fellow blogger? :)

xoxo,

Lisa

3 comments:

Deva84 said...

I follow my heart. I'm so lucky that my parents support me. It gives my strength.

Maybe pro/con list would be good. depends what kind of decision it is...

hope you're doing great.

Jewels Diva said...

I think it depends on your situation.

If you still live at home, and your parents support you, great. If you live on your own, then it will be a bit tougher.

Decide what you really want. If something or someone doesn't hold your attention, or make you feel happy etc, maybe it's time for that thing to go.

If school, job, country, life doesn't excite you, then make plans to change.

Don't just quit the job you don't like unless you have one you do lined up.

Make a list of what you do and don't like, what you will and won't accept for your self and the life you want to live, and see what you come up with.

If everything seems too overwhelming at once, make that list and do one thing per week/month, and make a list of everything you will need to do to make it happen.

In the end, who knows, you may have changed/re-arranged 12 things but this time next year.

Then you'll know you can do them and gotten to where you want to be!

Ana from far away! said...

Intuition... it works 99% of the time for me. There´s always a little voice that will tell you what is the most convinient thing to do.

It's so funny, because everytime I decide to ignore it, I always make a huge mistake.

Recent Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin